Monday, November 1, 2010

Company from Afar




I love company! The type of company that you start conversations where you left off and that you grieve when they leave! My sweet Norwegian, Trine, is just that friend. She is flexible and loves America more than anyone than I know. Her gentle attitude and adjustment to life is contagious. Did I mention that she likes to shop! I mean really shop. She can open the mall and close it down and sometimes without even eating.

I hope that I am that type of company/friend when I go visiting. I want to try new things and do hard things. I think staying up for 24 hours to see a friend is a hard thing! Did I mention that I get to visit her this summer? I get to go to her piece of the world. I am praying that I can grow in ways I see my sweet friend grow. I don't think I can shop like she does as the shopping in Norway is expensive, but oh the sights I will see and the salmon I will eat.

I am so blessed by many friends. Friends that I have know for a long time and new friends here in Texas. I thank God for the blessings of friends.

No comments: