Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday; I Even Longed for It

 ( D(my favorite lit teacher), did you notice my punctuation in the title.  I am working on my sentence structures.  I tend to have many run on sentences. ) 
  What a weekend!  You know it's tough when you long for Monday.  My college gal left and has not really communicated too much since she left.  You're with the college gal for 6 weeks and then they're gone and the silence begins.  I am really trying to be a big girl, but the college gal is so fun and engaging to talk to.  Besides it all, I love her madly!
  The high school pubescent boy  has lost his mind.  In a span of two days he has back talked his parents, got kicked out of a special event at school for throwing rocks at the water fountain and for having a macho attitude about work, "no one is going to make me lift a finger if I don't want to.  After painting the front door and cleaning all the brushes, deep cleaning his room, grounded from all technology and relationships and having to hang out with his parents at a 40th birthday party(tough for an almost 15 year old) his heart is once again soft and pliable.  I at one time during the weekend I broke down and proclaimed to Big Daddy that the boy would be a "bad boy."  I even called the college gal for reassurance and she said he's just stupid.  I guess that made me feel better.  I am not losing heart, though.  Last night he showed me magic card tricks; he was amazing.  He is reading a biography on one of his favorite baseball team and is talking my ear off about life and stuff.  Maybe pubescent boys losing their minds occasionally isn't so bad after all.  I love him like crazy.
  I am praying for friends who are experiencing the pressures of lay-offs, hormonal changes,health issues, crazy schedules, missing a loved one who is with the Lord, going by to their cold home in Norway and empty nests.  This life is tough, but I know God often follows life's greatest burdens with great blessing.  Maybe not immediately, but in his precious timing.  To heck with scary Monday's!  I will take this day and run with it.

6 comments:

Dalene said...

What a lovely post! Your boy is amazing. I love college gal's evaluation. I'm just glad to hear that things are wild around your house sometimes too. The results of your work are great. Those kids of yours!!

My heart is heavy tonight with all of the craziness going on around us. Thanks for the encouragement. So glad you're in my life... Love you!

Unknown said...

After reading your lovely piece I can just see you all there in your lovely home in Bartlesville -unfortnutaly I can not run down the steet and be a part of your daily life. You have great kids, we all love them - and you too! Trine

Christy said...

I appreciate how honest you are Denise! It is fun working with you more. I'm so glad to know you better. All these tough times you're going through will serve us well when we need encouragement with our "teens". Keep a journal!

mary said...

I'm so glad I finally went to your blog! I eventually will have my
"blogspot" up and running.

You have a great family! Thanks for sharing. Mary

Christy said...

Thanks for being such a great mentor and friend. I too will be facing college gal stuff, teenage girl and silly boy stuff soon enough.

Vickie said...

I am so proud to be your friend. You have taught and encouraged me in so many ways. Even with the amazing parents I have, you have given me a whole different view of parenting. Your kids are beautiful and are a reflection of their parents.

I love you friend!