Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life Goes On...God is at Work

   Wow, what a whirlwind fall.  God has been so good to give rest and precious family time over the holidays.  We all laughed hard, played hard and even fought sometimes, but I wouldn't trade any of it.  I had a blast watching the college girl and high school boy interact.  They wrestled so hard and played like they did when they were little.  I was just waiting for them to pull out the Nutcracker cd and dance for us as they did in the earlier years.  They absolutely enjoyed one another.  I could tell they missed each and for the most part were really patient with one another.  Did my heart good.
   Changing the subject to God's sovereignty.  I still get so amazed at how God is working.  I was asked to fill in as facilitator, at the very last minute,  for a Bible study at church.  I had no idea of what the content was.  As I picked up the study and begin thumbing through it I couldn't believe that it was exactly was I was studying in my daily Bible reading.  I had already been preparing.  It is so true that God knows all things and it waiting for us to catch up to him.  I am running and it's amazing.  
  Life is changing with concerns of job layoffs, tough financials situations for schools and a new president, but still God is God and He will be glorified through it all.  I want to feel is peace through these days, therefore I am determined to run to him daily, love others hard and enjoy the journey.  As my extremely happy teenage boy says, "just think we may see God soon, that's no too bad."  He's right!  Come now!
  

No comments: